Avocado and feta on rye bread
• Serves: 4
• Preparation time: 8 minutes
• Cooking time: 2 minutes
• 2 avocados, peeled and stones removed
• 80 g soft feta, crumbled
• 2 tablespoons fresh mint chopped, allow extra to garnish
• A squeeze of fresh lemon
• 4 slices of rye bread
1. Place avocado in a bowl and mash roughly with a fork. Add mint and large squeeze of lemon juice and mash until just combined. Season to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper.
2. Toast or grill rye bread until golden. Spoon the avocado onto each slice of bread then top with the feta. Serve immediately garnished with mint.
As an option, try adding ham or a poached egg.