BBQ tuna with ginger and avocado smash
For a quick and healthier fish and chips, make sweet potato slices and cook on the BBQ or grill alongside this succulent tuna.
• Serves: 4
• Preparation time: 15 minutes
• Cooking time: 4 minutes
• 4 medium tuna steaks
• 2 avocado (not too ripe)
• 2 tsps freshly squeezed lime juice
• 2 tsps grated lime zest
• 4 tsps fresh ginger (finely chopped)
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and black pepper
1. Preheat barbecue or grill on med-high heat.
2. In a bowl, roughly mash the avocado and combine with ginger, lime juice, lime zest and black pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Tuna steaks to be at room temperature before cooking.
4. Brush tuna steaks with olive oil and salt and pepper.
5. Barbecue 1 1/2 – 2 mins each side (until heated through and slightly raw in the middle).
6. Serve tuna steaks with ginger and avocado smash.