Chicken and broccoli pasta with goats cheese
• Serves: 4
• Preparation time: 10 minutes
• Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 2 cups penne pasta (wholemeal if preferred)
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 500g chicken breast, cut into strips
• 500g broccoli florets, lightly steamed
• 1/2 cup pitted olives, chopped
• 1 large red capsicum, cut into strips
• 60g goats cheese
• Pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water (unsalted).
2. Steam broccoli for 3 – 4 mins and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Cook chicken in small batches, tossing frequently until tender and cooked through. Transfer each batch to a plate.
4. Add chopped olives and capsicum to pan cooking for 1 – 2 mins.
5. Add the chicken, broccoli and cooked pasta to the pan and stir through goats cheese until melted.
6. Season with a little pepper and serve immediately.