Linguine with garlic prawns
• Serves: 4
• Preparation time: 15 minutes
• Cooking time: 15 minutes
• 400g dried linguine
• Handful flat-leaf parsley, stems and leaves chopped
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 6 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1⁄4 teaspoon chilli flakes
• 500g green prawns, shelled, de-veined, halved lengthwise
• Freshly squeezed juice of 1 large lemon
1. Cook linguine in plenty of boiling water until al dente.*
2. Combine chopped parsley stems, oil, garlic and chilli in a frying pan and cook over moderately low heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Increase heat, add prawns and cook until colour has changed, stirring constantly, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chopped parsley leaves and lemon juice.
4. When the linguine is cooked, drain, reserving a small jug of the cooking water. Transfer pasta to a heated bowl, add prawns and toss well, moistening with a little of the cooking water if needed.
5. Serve immediately with a green salad.
*Pasta cooked firm but not hard.
This deliciously healthy recipe can be found in The New Classic. To purchase your own copy, visit www.heartfoundation.org.au or call the Heart Foundation on 1300 3627 87. As a charity, the Heart Foundation uses all proceeds from cookbook sales and other fund raising activities to support lifesaving research, education and prevention programs.