Peanut and lentil patties
• Serves: 4
• Preparation time: 30 minutes
• Cooking time: 16 minutes
• 4 slices wholegrain bread, crusts removed
• 250g unsalted peanuts
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
• 1/4 cup chopped coriander
• 3 tblspns sweet chilli sauce
• Salt and pepper
• 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
• 1/3 cup (95g) plain yoghurt
1. In a food processor coarsely chop the bread.
2. Add peanuts, egg, lentils, coriander, 1 tblspn sweet chilli sauce, salt and pepper and process until well combined.
3. Place the mixture in a bowl. Divide into 8 portions. Roll and flatten into a pattie shape.
4. Place on a tray lined with non-stick baking paper and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties in batches for 4 minutes each side or until golden.
• Combine 2 tblspns of sweet chilli sauce and yoghurt