Spicy chicken with sweet potato salad
• Serves: 4
• Preparation time: 45 minutes
• Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 4 chicken breast fillets
• 1 tsp ground paprika
• 1 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp ground coriander
• 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 500g broad beans
• 500g sweet potato, cubed
• 400g can chickpeas rinsed and drained
• 1/2 cup mint leaves
• 1/2 cup coriander leaves
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Score chicken then combine with paprika, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and half the oil (1 tbsp) in a large bowl. Cover for 15 min.
3. Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 3 min or until tender. Rinse under cold running water. Drain and shell.
4. Place sweet potato on an oven tray and drizzle with half the remaining oil (1/2 tbsp). Season with salt and pepper and bake in oven for 20 min or until tender.
5. Heat a frying pan over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3-4 min each side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover for 5 min.
6. Place sweet potato, peeled broad beans, chickpeas, mint and coriander in a bowl and drizzle with remaining oil (1/2 tbsp) and lemon juice. Gently toss to combine.
7. Arrange salad on plate, top with chicken and serve.